This document is only valid 72 hours after printing. For the latest version please visit
Wakefield District Domestic Abuse Service (WDDAS) Process Regarding Attendance at Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Invitation received at Wakefield District Domestic Abuse Service (WDDAS) regarding attendance at an Initial Child Protection Conference;
- Admin Officer to research WDDAS Client database and note whether current/previous WDDAS client, which member/s of team involved;
- If not a current case to WDDAS, Duty Officer to contact the named Social Worker (featuring on letter of invite), to assess the need for a member of WDDAS to attend, taking into account whether domestic abuse is a key feature of concern, and establish how recent;
- Where it is identified there is no requirement for a member of WDDAS team to attend, Duty Officer to submit letter of invite to Team Manager;
- If the case is open to WDDAS, then the allocated worker will attend the conference and prepare a written report in the format requested;
- Outcome of these processes will be noted on the client list for closed cases and on the clients records on Sharepoint for open cases.